At B/SPOKE, we believe fitness should be inspiring, rewarding and complementary to all the rest of life’s pursuits. We aim to tailor the experience to each individual, and to connect with clients through memorable and personalized experiences in the realm of fitness, wellness, events, travel, music, food and beverage.
And now - B/SPOKE is bringing DR/P to Boston in what will be a coffee, juice and smoothie bar located in the downstairs lobby of the fitness studio, featuring drip coffee, espresso drinks, cold brew on tap, and other beverages from favorite local brands. DR/P will be an added amenity to current B/SPOKE Clients AND to the local community - striving to be the “go to” spot for beverages in town as well as a unique place to connect, converse, and spend time.
At the forefront of the DR/P experience is our Barista Team. DR/P Baristas help set the energy and tone in the space, and ensure an incredible product and smooth running coffee operation every single day - with hospitality, customer service, and contagious energy at the heart of every interaction.
We are looking for individuals who will add value to our team and community BEYOND the shifts they work, not only showing up as an amazing Barista, but also an amazing Teammate who actively participates in our culture and mission at large.
WHO YOU ARE
- Are you someone who gravitates to the fitness + wellness community, AND has a passion for coffee?
- Are you commonly described as energetic, outgoing, and personable?
- Are you looking to hone your leadership, communication, and customer service skills?
- Do you thrive in entrepreneurial, dynamic, and busy environments?
- Are you a go-getter and someone who is excited about being part of a NEW venture?
- Do you love learning, taking on responsibility, and working on a team?
- Provide high level customer service to B/SPOKE + DR/P Clients, striving to learn both products thoroughly.
- Assist Coffee Manager in daily operations, projects, and tasks.
- Maintain product knowledge of coffee bar, including opening, closing, and safety procedures.
- Support lead generation, community activation, and recruitment to drive growth of coffee bar.
- Assist with training of new hires.
- Be helpful, efficient, and proactive.
- Be a team player and promote camaraderie.
- Promote and maintain the B/SPOKE + DR/P aesthetic, appearance, atmosphere and culture.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding customer service and problem solving skills.
- Exceptional communication skills and ability to work with a wide range of personalities.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Friendly, professional, dependable, and reliable.
- Prior Coffee Bar Experience and Point of Sale (Register) Experience preferred but not required.
- Must be able to work a non-traditional schedule, including early morning, weekends, and some holidays.
SCHEDULING + EXPECTATIONS
- Have access to reliable transportation.
- Able to work a non-traditional schedule, including mornings, evenings, weekends, and some holidays with weekly availability.
- Possess or be willing to acquire a current, valid CPR/AED Certification.
- Submit online application.
- Interview with member of B/SPOKE’s Leadership Team.
- Receive offer and/or feedback.